Saturday, November 3, 2012

Initial Review! --- Givenchy Photo Perfexion Fluid Foundation

I believe that if there is one make up product that one should invest for, it has got to be foundation...Of course having good skin to begin with is an added bonus ( a lot of my mua peers woul attest to that!) but because not everyone is blessed with a perfect skin, having the right foundation eases all the make up application after that.

Today I will be reviewing Givenchy Photo Perfexion Fluid Foundation. I got the shade 08 Perfect Amber. I play from NC37 to 42 (MAC) for reference. It has SPF20, which is good for protection, kinda bad for flash photography though from the reviews I have read before purchasing, it was really good for photographs. It promises a dewy finish while giving a long lasting light to medium coverage.

I tested this last November 1st when I went to the cemetery to visit my dad. The weather was kinda cold (I went there in the evening) so I have no idea if it was indeed long lasting on my oily skin or it only lasted because of the weather. I will road test this tomorrow and give an update.

Unblended 
Unblended

Blended
Blended



The consistency is not too runny nor too thick, but what impressed me is that not only does it blend like a 
dream, it's finish gives you a dewy glow without being really dewy...It's hard to explain but, here is what happened, upon blending, I was kinda waiting for it to be absorbed or to dry before I set it with powder, and because it still looks kinda dewy, I thought it was still wet...I got impatient and blotted my face with one ply of tissue paper (yes, that's right!), and to my suprise, nothing transferred! I touched my face to validate and yes, despite of the dewy appearance, my foundation was already absorbed and dry. I didn't even set my whole face with powder, just the t-zone areas where I tend to get really oily. 

It felt so light on my skin, reminds me of a tinted moisturizer sans the greasy feeling. I got home around 3am, and my make up was still intact, no oiling up or whatsoever. Picture below was taken after 6 hours of application.


Overall, I am impressed. I never even thought that it would last me 4 hours but as I have said, it is still too early to tell. I will update this post once I get to test it under normal weather with my normal activities. Till then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis