Monday, July 30, 2012

HCG Grocery Shopping/Meal Preparation

One of the challenges I face whenever I think of diets is what food am I going to eat and where can I get them. HCG proves to be a very challenging diet as the VLCD phase restricts a lot of foot items that you normally see around. It is best that one prepares their own meals to be assured of the measurements and the other hidden ingredients. I thought of having food delivered to me by companies catering to dieters, (sexychef, kitchenelle,etc.) but I found their prices exorbitant and impractical relative to the amount of food that you will be eating in actuality. During my first week of VLCD, I didn't prepare any meals. I relied on canned tuna, packed greens from the grocery, some stuff I from Inasal that I had to trim and blot the oil that came along with them. I lost weight but I felt that I could have gotten more satisfaction had I prepared the meals myself. Last Saturday, I cahllenged myself to prepare atleast a week's worth of proteins, becuase that's the component that I was struggling in this diet since options aorund my workplace is not that many. I had my fruits and veggies in place already taken cared by the packed greens and fruits I got from the grocery. Here is a rundown of what I have prepared for almost 2 week'd worth of protein meals (i went overboard and miscalculated, thus I resulted into having prepared for 2 weeks already! tee hee!):

Pan Grilled Beef Burger Patties:

  • 1 kilo of ground lean beef
  • 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white (for binding)
  • 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning (mixed herbs)
  • 1 Tbsp. of Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
  • 2 Tbsp. of Himalayan Salt
I mixed everything in a bowl and made them into 100 gram meatballs on a tray. I grilled them on top of a pan (i didnt have time to prepare the grill) sprayed with Pam Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray. I placed the cooke burger patties separately on micrawaveable containers. Makes 10 servings.


Herbed Steamed Creamy Dory Fillet:

  • 300 grams of Creamy Dory Fillet
  • 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning (mixed herbs)
  • 1 Tbsp. of Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
  • 2 Tbsp. of Himalayan Salt
  • A squeeze of lemon
I mixed everything and let the flavors seep in for around an hour. I laid the fillets flat on the tray and placed inside the oven toaster letting each side cook for 15 minutes each. Makes 2 servings placed separately on micrawaveable containers.


Herbed Pan Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet


  • 400 grams of Chicken Breast Fillet
  • 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning (mixed herbs)
  • 1 Tbsp. of Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
  • 2 Tbsp. of Himalayan Salt
  • A squeeze of lemon

  • I mixed everything and let the flavors seep in for around an hour. I laid the breast fillets flat on the pan sprayed with Pam Extra Virgin Olive oil and grilled them till cooked. Makes 4 servings placed separately on micrawaveable containers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    AddThis